As a certified raw food chef, I eat lots of raw foods each and every day. In fact, I would say around 50-60% of my diet is made up of raw foods.
Why? There are many good reasons to eat raw, plant-based foods every day. But I’ll tell you two reasons why I keep eating raw…
Raw foods can be delicious! And the more raw I eat, the better I feel!
Raw foods are fuel for your body, so I just feel better when I’m eating this way. If that’s not enough to sell you on adding raw foods into what you are already eating, here are 5 science-backed reasons to eat more raw foods.
- Our ancient ancestors ate mostly raw, plant foods. Meat was scarce for the most part, and cooking wasn’t a regular habit. Because they thrived on this raw food diet, your body will too.
- Cooking food depletes naturally occurring enzymes, proteins that your body can’t function without. So if you cook anything above 118 degrees Fahrenheit, you will denature the vital enzymes in the food that make it easy for your body to digest and assimilate what you’re eating.
- Cooking destroys bio-photons, light energy in plants, that are really nutritious for humans to consume.
- Raw foods are unprocessed foods. If you’re eating lots of raw foods, it’s impossible to fill your diet with the processed junk that is prolific in the Standard American Diet (or the SAD diet).
- Raw foods have more nutrients. This is perhaps the most important reason to eat more raw foods. This is why you should look to do what I call a ‘flash steam’ or ‘flash sauté’, where you cook the food for less than 4 minutes, enough to give it that cooked feeling, but NOT enough to kill off the enzymes and nutrients in the food.
Did you know it takes 60 servings of spinach today to get the same amount of iron that one serving gave back in 1948?
The way farmers grow their fruits and vegetables today diminishes the nutrients in the food that end up on your plate.
Plus, as food makes its way to us from the farm through the supply chain to our table, processing and time fades away the nutrients that our bodies so desperately need.
So today, we need more vegetables than ever and more vegetables in their raw, natural state to get the nutrition needed to have a healthy and energetic body.
One way to supplement your raw vegetable intake that’s quick and easy is to drink a nutritious dehydrated green powder supplement like my Alkamind Daily Greens to put in your water or smoothie.
One scoop of greens gives you five servings of raw, fresh, organic greens. Think about all those veggies you would have to eat and how long it would take to get the equivalent of what you can do in one scoop!
But you still have to eat your raw greens too!
So I’m sharing two recipes that deliver raw fruits and vegetables in less than five minutes each. Put these together and you’ll have a really delicious meal!
The avocado toast recipe is filling and tasty so it makes a great lunch. The mocktail ‘Bloody Mary’ Smoothie combines raw veggies with zingy seasoning to create a flavor you’re going to want to have again and again.
2 pieces of Ezekiel bread
1 Haas avocado
2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. sea salt (Celtic Grey, Himalayan, or Redmond Real Salt)
1 tbsp. chia seeds
Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
Toast Ezekial bread. Use ½ avocado for each piece of toast. Of the half, use half of it as a spread, then use the other half for avocado slices on TOP of the spread. Drizzle some olive oil, add cumin, sea salt, and top it off with a sprinkle of chia seeds
’Bloody Mary’ Smoothie
4 small tomatoes (roma works well)
1 celery stalk
1 lemon, fresh juiced
½ tsp. cayenne pepper
¼ tsp. sea salt (Celtic Grey, Himalayan, or Redmond Real Salt)
½ tsp. pepper
Put all ingredients into a blender and mix well. Pour into a glass with ice, and enjoy your alkaline mocktail!
So up your raw game with recipes like these, with Alkamind Daily Minerals, and with the foods in the Get Off Your Acid Cleanse recipe books.
I’ve got a ton of delicious smoothies to start off your day in my Get Off Your Acid 7-Day Cleanse.
If you want a really easy and delicious way to shed extra pounds, eat healthier than ever before, and GET OFF YOUR ACID, get started now.
Get Off Your Acid & Get Energized
- Feeling tired? Even after a good night’s sleep?
- Crashing at 3pm?
- Feeling sluggish all-day long?
- Missing that “get-up-and-go” feeling you used to have?
Sign up for your FREE eBook
valued at $97