Warm, hearty, flavorful, immune system boosting, and anti-inflammatory…what else could you really want this winter? Oh, and it also takes less than 20 minutes to make a big bowl that can provide leftovers!
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 2 cups filtered water
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 red, yellow, or orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- Pinch of sea salt (Celtic Grey, Himalayan pink, or Redmond Real Salt)
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Place the filtered water in a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat, add the quinoa, and simmer until the water is fully absorbed. This will take about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Melt the coconut oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, turmeric, bell pepper, sea salt, and black pepper and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the broccoli and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes or until it softens.
- Remove from the heat, add the cooked quinoa, and stir everything together.
- Transfer to a bowl and dig in!
If you want access to an anti-inflammatory that is 3x more potent than turmeric—take 1 capsule of Acid-Kicking BLK Seed Oil daily.
It is also 1,000x a more active antioxidant than Vitamin E, echinacea, and elderberry!
Check out all of Black Seed Oil’s beauty secrets, blood sugar benefits, and immune system-boosting powers HERE!
Calories: 428; Protein: 13g; Carbohydrate: 49g; Dietary Fiber: 12g;
Total Sugars: 6g; Total Fat: 18g; Saturated Fat: 12g; Net Carbs: 37g