SO, WHAT THE HECK IS AN 'ACID TRACKER'?
In our previous blog, we discussed the correct ways to test you pH with urine and saliva. We learned that one reading in and of itself is pretty insignificant. It is when you begin to track these pH readings over time that you will start to see a TREND – and that is priceless in regards to your health.
Whether you are just starting out, transitioning, or fully ingrained in the alkaline lifestyle, keeping track of what you eat, what you drink, your pH levels, supplements taken, how many glasses of water you drank, and most importantly, how you FEEL while doing all of those things can give you a completely different outlook when it comes to making changes in your health.
It will tell if what you are doing is working or not working, and with that information, you can make tweaks and changes to your action plan.
Whatever goals or outcomes you have, you will have better follow through, and you will get there faster.
Whenever I track specific outcomes regarding my health, whether it is with my Withings pedometer, or my heart rate monitor, weight scale, or a daily food diary, I am always more disciplined and diligent about the things I am measuring.
There is a saying, what you INSPECT, you RESPECT….and you will.
That is why I created the ALKAMIND ACID TRACKER.
Click HERE http://bit.ly/1CKYypk to get your free copy NOW.
It is a phenomenal tool to track your daily urine and saliva pH levels, water intake, supplements, food and beverage - AND, our greatest marker of our health - an end of day ENERGY INVENTORY. It will allow you to track your entire day for a 7 week period.
Do not judge yourself, just get the data – by looking back at the end of the 7 days, you will be amazed at what you find out about your daily habits and choices regarding the foods you eat and the beverages you drink.
Once you've recorded a few days, implement change becomes easier (next blog coming soon – 7 Simple Steps to Get Alkaline NOW)
Here is what you will be tracking:
- Saliva pH (5 Daily Readings). You don’t have to take all 5 readings. The MOST important reading of the day is the ‘rise and shine’ saliva pH test, the first reading of the day taken as soon as you wake up, before brushing or drinking anything.
- Urine pH (6 Daily Readings). Like the saliva, you do not have to take all 6 readings. What is most important are your first 2 urine tests of the day. Take your ‘rise and shine’ pH reading, and your second urine of the day. You will use the average of the two. With that said, the more readings you take the better, as the will give you a solid indication as to how your food and beverage choices are affecting your pH levels (if you are an overachiever, GO FOR ALL!). You want to pay attention to a rise or fall in your pH levels based on the quality of the choices you make. Any questions, refer back to my previous blog ‘Testing Your pH for Alkaline Balance’.
- Bowel Movements (total #). I know, this is one of those things you love to talk about J With that said, 80% of your immune system lives in your digestive system – we need to pay attention to this. It is the root system of body (like the roots of tree), and is where a good portion of our energy (or lack thereof) comes from. If you ignore what ends up (or DOESN’T end up) in your toilet, you could be flushing your health down the drain. Research shows that 90% of Americans are chronically dehydrated (leads to hard stools and constipation), and the average American has 10-15 pounds of impacted fecal matter in their intestines. This leads to a laundry list of health problems, ranging from Ulcerative Colitis, Chrohn’s Disease, mal-absorption problems, and even colon cancer. Softer than normal stools can be from lactose intolerance, or sensitivities to gluten and artificial sweeteners. Ideally, your movement should be smooth and soft, and should be occurring after every decent size meal.
- Food/Beverage Intake. Write down EVERY thing that goes into your mouth within that 24 hour period. Most importantly, write down any feelings associated with what you ate - Headaches, bloating, constipation, diarrhea, fatigue, gas, reflux, light-headedness, etc. Whether it’s something you feel immediately, or hours after, make and note of it in your Acid Tracker. This will help you uncover specific ‘trigger foods’ that can be eliciting these reactions in your digestive system and your body. Once we recognize what these trigger foods are, we can slowly begin to eliminate them or replace them from our diets.
- Supplements. Keep track if which supplements you took, time of day, with or without food, form (tablet, capsule, powder, liquid), dosage, and brand name of vitamin.
- Water Intake (8oz). Ideally, we want to aim for ½ of our body weight in ounces of water daily (i.e. 150 lbs, 75oz of water). The average person loses 2.5 liters of water daily, so if we are drinking less than that, we are in deprivation. With that said, when it comes to increasing water intake, think progress, not perfection. Increase slowly – it will be safer, and increasing this way will sustain itself longer. Think mist, not torrential. In other words, don’t go a long time without drinking, then try to get it all in at once. Keep a bottle on your desk at work, start your day off with a 16oz green drink, attach drinking an extra glass of water with daily habits like brushing your teeth. That’s an extra liter of water right there! You get the picture. Do your best to avoid bottled and tap water. Filtered alkaline water (8-9.5) is your best bet. You don’t need an expensive ionizer either (though they produce amazing alkaline water) – if you are new the alkaline diet, add a lemon or lime slice in your water, or add some pH drops to each glass.
- Energy Inventory. If I had to define health in one word, it's your ENERGY. On your Acid Tracker, at the end of the day, I want you to assign a number from 1-10 (10 being the most unstoppable energy you ever had, 0 being a walking zomby) to your overall daily energy. As you look at all of the specifics you are tracking, you will find when your energy was up, you were up. In other words, you were making quality health choices....and when your energy was down, you were down, making acidifying choices.
Once again, claim your ALKAMIND 7-DAY ACID TRACKER NOW:
As always, any questions, feel free to email me, and make 2015 the year to GET OFF YOUR ACID!
Stay Alkaline…Dr. D