The word “Chia” actually means STRENGTH in the Mayan language. In fact, Aztec warriors would drink chia in water before going into battle because this healing tonic would strengthen their energy and stamina!
Now we know that chia seeds give you energy AND strengthen your gut (80% of your immune system) thanks to their powerful levels of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids! Learn all about it via my Instagram post about the viral #InternalShower!
After you eat a warrior’s breakfast and do a few yoga warrior asanas, you will have the strength to handle whatever comes your way!
This dynamic breakfast can be prepared in minutes each night and popped into the fridge to be ready in the morning. In fact, the longer it sits, the thicker and richer it gets!
Ingredients: (Serves 2 to 3)
- 1 cup of almond or coconut milk, unsweetened
- 4 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (or 2 drops Medicine Flower Vanilla)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts (raw almonds, macadamia nuts, or hemp seeds)
- Fresh fruit (pomegranate seeds, strawberries, or blueberries) for topping (optional)
- The night before you plan to eat this breakfast bowl, combine the almond milk and chia seeds in a mason jar.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon, and chopped nuts.
- Cover with a tight lid and shake the mixture until it’s well combined. Refrigerate overnight (or for at least 5 hours).
- The next morning, shake or stir the mixture and divide between two to three bowls to serve. You can also just keep it in the mason jar as an on-the-go breakfast!
- Top with fresh fruit, coconut shreds, more chopped nuts, hemp, and/or chia seeds.
To ensure your body will win the battle over back-to-school/daycare sickness, wintertime colds, and whatever else is thrown your way, take 2 daily capsules of Acid-Kicking Immunity. Chaga mushrooms, vitamin C, elderberry, and astaxanthin will all help you rise up and experience victorious health!