This cauliflower dish will make any meal, and all who eat it, blossom with good health!
If you seek to lose some weight, protect your body against illness, and improve your memory, then cauliflower should be a staple in your kitchen. It is also incredibly versatile, which makes for endless cooking creativity!
These peppers are stuffed with health and deliciousness, and like anything good—they are worth the wait and extra prep time. Pair these stuffed peppers with wild-caught salmon, free-range chicken, or a stir-fry of your choice! I would double or triple the recipe because they save well in the fridge for future lunches and dinner sides.
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 4 red bell peppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- Sea salt (Celtic Grey, Himalayan pink, or Redmond Real Salt)
- 1 head cauliflower, riced or finely chopped, or 1 (12-ounce) package frozen cauliflower rice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2∕3 cup of healthy salsa
- 1 (15-ounce) can of adzuki beans, drained and rinsed (Eden Organics is a great option)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Haas avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
- Jalapeño peppers Salsa
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Brush a large baking dish (glass works well) with a little coconut oil.
- Then, place the bell peppers, cut side up, in the dish and coat the outsides and insides with the coconut oil.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat and add the rest of the coconut oil.
- Add the cauliflower rice, garlic, red onion, spices, lime juice, and salsa.
- Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes as you incorporate the ingredients.
- Add the adzuki beans and remove them from the heat.
- Stuff the pepper halves with the mixture, taste, and add salt, pepper, and lime to taste.
- Place the pepper halves, stuffing side up, in a lidded cast-iron pot and bake for 40 minutes. If you don’t have a cast-iron pot, you can use a Dutch oven, or you can use a glass baking dish that you cover loosely with foil and bake for 25 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Top with your choice of cilantro, avocado, lime juice, or jalapeños, and serve with salsa.
- Serve on their own or paired with your favorite fish, plant-based stir-fry, or meat.
Another surefire way to fire up your memory and optimize brain function is to take a daily Alkamind Daily Omega-3! We are the ONLY supplement in the world that contains the IDEAL 2:1 ratio of EPA to DHA in a highly concentrated form, making Daily Omega-3 the most superior fish oil you will find.
But we didn’t stop there to give you the very best! We test every batch in an FDA-registered facility (with more certifications than any other fish oil brand), and every step is sustainably done to protect our beloved oceans.
Order your ticket to superior brain health and anti-aging protection here!
Nutrient Totals: (2 pepper halves, per serving, without toppings)
Calories: 258; Protein: 11g; Carbohydrate: 36g; Dietary Fiber: 14g; Total Sugars: 10g;
Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 6g; Sodium: 725mg; Net Carbs: 22 g