It’s the little things in life that make summer magical. One of them is crunching on a salty snack at the lake or beach while chatting with a friend and watching your kids run wild. Core memories made—one satisfied bite at a time.
This year, swap out greasy chips that wreak havoc on your body with nutrient-packed, alkaline-approved crispy chickpeas that also help with weight loss. This recipe takes 10 minutes and will make your summer snackin’ 10x better.
Ingredients: (Serves 2-4)
- 1 (15-ounce) can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed (Eden Organics is a great option).
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Sea salt (Celtic Grey, Himalayan pink, or Redmond Real Salt)
- Red pepper flakes
- Zest of 1⁄2 lemon
- Roll the chickpeas around on a paper towel or clean cloth to dry them.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the chickpeas and stand back as they sizzle (some will pop).
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring to get an even crisp.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a dry cloth or paper towel to remove excess oil.
- While still hot, season with sea salt and red pepper flakes to taste and the lemon zest. Enjoy right away, or let cool completely before storing in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days.
Drinking an Acid-Kicking Plant-Based Protein shake is another effective way to manage weight loss, burn fat, and ensure your body gets the fuel it needs to keep you groovin’ all summer (and all year).Unlike the toxic protein powders that actually make you GAIN FAT, Acid-Kicking Plant-Based Protein powers your body with ancient superfoods you won’t find anywhere else. It’s time to be the ultimate nutritional titan.