These “zoodles” (zucchini noodles) are swirling in doodles of antioxidants that protect you against cardiovascular disease, eye and skin disorders, and cancer. Since the noodles are just zucchini, they are gluten-free and super low-calorie. The divinely flavorful pesto sauce is dairy-free and entirely plant-based.
This delicious “pasta” dish is just another reminder that eating anti-inflammatory and vegan can fuel your body with the nutrition it needs for optimal health—AND be something your family craves! I’d double or triple up this recipe since it can last in the fridge and is easy to pack for lunches!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
Walnut Basil Pesto:
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2⁄3 cup raw walnuts, ideally soaked in water overnight and drained
- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sea salt: Celtic Grey, Himalayan pink, or Redmond Real Salt
- Zoodles: 3 medium-size zucchini, peeled
- Prepare the zoodles: Spiralize the zucchini into curly or straight zoodles and place them in a bowl. If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can use a vegetable peeler to give you wide, fettuccine-like slices.
- Prepare the pesto: Combine the basil, walnuts, garlic, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste in a food processor or blender, drizzling olive oil in as the mixture pulses until it reaches a pesto consistency. Taste for salt and pepper. Mix the pesto with the zoodles, garnish with basil leaves, and serve. Bon appétit!
It is essential to pair antioxidants and vitamins with minerals because they all work together to give you optimal health. This is why I created Acid-Kicking Minerals, and my children’s favorite flavors are Kiwi Strawberry and Blood Orange.
My whole family drinks a scoop of minerals after dinner because it helps with digestion, reduces sugar cravings (my children think drinking it is dessert!), and prepares your body for an amazing sleep!! It literally is the perfect “nightcap.”
Dietary Fiber: 3g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Total Sugars: 3g
Net Carbs: 5g
Total Fat: 18g