There is so much information that is contradictory and confusing out there about what to eat and what not to eat and it seems to change all the time. Today’s super food is tomorrow’s enemy. What the authorities told you to eat last year is the opposite of what they’re saying this year. I am SURE you know EXACTLY where I’m coming from. Ignoring all the noise, I became a health detective, and like any detective would do, I followed the evidence. As a doctor, I have always made it my mission to discover why some of my patients are so full of energy, healthy, and fit, and why others were tired all the time, sick, and overweight.
The evidence led me to ACID.
It didn’t matter what the condition or symptom was:
- Stubborn weight gain
- Constant fatigue and difficulty sleeping
- Skin problems
- Acid reflux and other tummy troubles
- Joint and muscle pain
- Heart disease
- …The common denominator and the smoking gun was ACID. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition published a study finding that modern diets contain much more acidic foods and less bicarbonate alkaline salts than ancient ancestral diets.
Numerous other studies have pointed to a lack of sodium bicarbonate (baking soda, and the # alkalizing ingredient you find in Alkamind Daily Minerals) in our modern diet as a problem, and supplementing with sodium bicarbonate as a solution for hypertension and the prevention of kidney stones, stroke, and osteoporosis.
- A study in the Gerontology, Biological Sciences and Medical Sciences journal found that the more acid in the diet, the greater the risk of hip fractures. Countries with average diets that include more animal proteins had more hip factures as well.
- The highest levels of dietary acid corresponded to the weakest bones and highest incidence of bone loss in a study in the journal Bone. Other studies have found a correlation between healthy bones and a nutrient-rich diet.
- According to a Harvard study, you can live up to 20% longer by eliminating or at least reducing how much red meat you eat. People who ate the highest levels of red meat died the youngest, most often from colon cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
- An American Journal of Physiology study showed a link between consuming high amounts of acid and problems with thyroid function.
So many common health conditions and diseases result from too much acid, including:
- IBS, gas, bloating, constipation, and diarrhea
- Acid reflux and heartburn
- Muscle cramps and charley horses
- Yeast and fungal infections
- Acne, eczema, and skin irritations
- Hormone imbalance, low libido, and reproductive issues
- Osteoporosis and osteoarthritis
- Difficulty sleeping
- Blood sugar imbalance