For all of the conflicting information out there about what to eat, what not to eat, and how to diet, there’s one constant that just about everyone can agree on...
Eat more salad!
And for good reason – salads are an easy way to get tons of nutrients without tons of calories or carbs. They fill you up while allowing you to slim down.
That’s why I love having salads like this one in my arsenal. The flavorful dressing is an herbaceous change of pace for your taste buds, and yet it’s so easy to prepare in just a few minutes.
It’s also really versatile. You can change up what you throw on the salad, and if you have different herbs, try tossing them in the dressing instead of parley, mint, or basil.
Give it a try and let me know what you think over on Facebook.
BASIL MINT GREEN SALAD
Ingredients [Serves 4]
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, sliced or diced
- 1/2 onion, chopped (Vidalia or red)
- 1 tomato, diced, or 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 tsp. tahini
- 1 tsp. liquid coconut nectar (substitute: 1/2 date)
- 1 tbsp. onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, loosely packed
- 1/8 cup basil
- 1/8 cup mint
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Sea salt (Celtic Grey, Himalayan, or Redmond Real Salt)
Place all dressing ingredients in a blender, and blend at high speed. In a mixing bowl, combine dressing with salad ingredients. Pour dressing over salad, mix well, and enjoy!
There are lots more delicious salad recipes in my best-selling book, Get Off Your Acid: 7 Steps in 7 Days to Lose Weight, Fight Inflammation, and Reclaim Your Health and Energy.
In fact, you’ll find more than 50 recipes in addition to all of the information about your alkaline health.
Here’s what world record holding surfer Garrett McNamara had to say about it…
GET OFF YOUR ACID!