Just the title alone makes my taste buds think they are on a 5-star vacation! But this “dessert” is not a break from your Alkamind diet—it’s loaded with “healthy fats” that will energize you for hours! Rich notes of chocolate, coconut, cardamom, and orange—let the good times begin!
Ingredients (Makes 10-15 truffles)
- 1 cup raw almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄3 cup raw walnuts
- Pinch of ground cardamom 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 2 to 4 drops stevia, for taste
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes or shredded coconut for topping (optional but recommended)
- Cacao powder for topping (optional, instead of coconut topping)
- Place all the ingredients, except the optional toppings, in a blender and blend well.
- Place in the fridge or freezer to solidify (so the mixture will be moldable).
- Form the mixture into ten to fifteen small balls, then roll each ball in the 1/4 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes or additional cacao powder (if using).
- Place in the fridge to set for several hours.
- Eat slowly and savor each delightful bite!
Coffee and chocolate truffles are truly a match made in heaven.
Now, you can enjoy it in our Alkamind paradise on earth! Scoop in Acid-Kicking Coffee Alkalizer and enjoy indulgent, acid-free java with your truffle!
Calories: 168; Protein: 4g; Carbohydrate: 4g; Dietary Fiber: 2g;
Saturated Fat: 5.5g; Total Sugars: 1g; Net Carbs: 2g; Total Fat: 16g