Growing up, cinnamon buns were my top vice. I was obsessed but never connected the dots on why I felt so gross afterward. I know now that their gluten, sugar, and trans-fats make them one of the worst desserts you can eat.
Therefore, ladies, gents, and children of all ages, I'm thrilled to present: The Cinnamon Bun Smoothie—swirled together with healthy brain and body-boosting fats!
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 1 banana, peeled and frozen
- 2 tablespoons of raw almond butter
- 1 date, pitted
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (I prefer 2 drops of Medicine Flower Vanilla)
- Ice cubes (optional)
Blend until smooth, and share this heavenly concoction far and wide!
Another easy and effective way to satisfy sugar cravings is by drinking Acid-Kicking Minerals. When your brain asks for sugar often means it is starved for minerals.