Outside of the home – school, sports, and friends’ houses – your kids are flooded with surgery drinks and foods drowning in artificial ingredients. At home, you desperately want to sneak in any type of nutrition, but you don’t want “healthy eating” to be a daily battle.
I get it; my kids also live on planet Earth.
This is why I created the Picky Kid Acid-Kicking Smoothie. My kids and their friends actually ask for and enjoy—positive memories all around.
P.S. Kids also need to detox from the holiday sugar rush. If you are doing the 10-Day Gut Detox with me right now, this drink can serve as the kid version of the detox. If you are reading this after January 18th, click here for the detox programs. It also creates a great opportunity to teach your kids the importance of taking care of their bodies so they can feel stronger, happier, and healthier.
Ingredients: (Serves about 1)
- 4 oz (roughly) of Almond Milk
- 1 scoop of Acid-Kicking Greens, I suggest the yummy Peach flavor. 1 scoop = 5 servings of organic greens and 21 nutrient-dense alkaline superfoods.
- 1 scoop of Acid-Kicking Plant-Based Protein. 1 scoop = 20 grams of plant-based protein and superfoods.
- A handful of frozen organic wild blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of organic coconut oil (great for developing brains)
- Optional: A handful of Microgreens
- Blend in a blender and feel a major sign of relief when you watch your kids thank you for their yummy smoothie. They won’t even know what you smuggled in there.
- Adjust the recipe for the age of your child. You are the parent and know what is best.
- This recipe is ideal for any age. Make it in big batches and serve it to the whole family.
Strength-Eating™ starts at home. The most powerful force in our lives is the power to DECIDE. The QUALITY of your choices will absolutely determine the quality of your energy, happiness, health, and longevity.
Parenting is tough, and getting kids to eat healthy in our toxic world can be even tougher. So make it easier on yourself and just sneak in a scoop of Acid-Kicking Greens and Acid-Kicking Plant-Based Protein whenever possible.