Disclaimer: This blog is all about providing healthy insight and inspiration. Please do not stop any medical plans without talking to your doctor.
- Why does the pharmacy at my doctor’s office sell candy and chips?
- Why do I only go to the doctor when I am really sick?
- Is my mental health something I should be intentional about?
- Are there any alternatives to taking a handful of prescription drugs a day?
- Can I do anything to prevent illnesses?
Have any of these thoughts entered your mind? Are you disgruntled by the lack of “health” or “care” in your current health care system?
Of course, we are incredibly fortunate to have access to modern medicine and technology that save lives every minute of the day. From emergency surgery after a horrific accident to medical professionals that dedicate their lives to saving our lives—I couldn’t be more grateful to live in an era with access to world-class medical support.
HOWEVER, there are ACTIONS that you should be taking—today—to prevent many health issues in the near future. Don’t wait for a crisis to focus on your health.
3 Actions To Put Health And Care Into Your Body Everyday
Here are a few ways my family cares for our health to feel fantastic and prevent diseases!
1. Get Off Your Sugar. It’s the name of my latest book for a reason. In your body, sugar feeds harmful bacteria, viruses, and yeast, leading to acidic waste that damages your gut. A damaged gut (remember that 80% of your immune system lives in your gut) can’t fight off illnesses because it is consumed by toxins and inflammation.
Long story short: too much sugar leads to diseases—most diseases (especially chronic diseases) are preventable!
2. Don’t casually take antibiotics. Obviously, for any life-threatening condition, antibiotics can be necessary and lifesaving, but in many instances, they are FAR too overprescribed. For you and your children, antibiotics should be taken only when absolutely necessary.
Antibiotics can be one of the MOST dangerous enemies to our natural defense system. Not only do they kill the bad, but they also wipe out the good healthy bacteria in your gut microbiome as well. Thus, allowing toxins, undigested food particles, yeast, mold, and bacteria to LEAK into your bloodstream through your intestinal barrier where they don’t belong. This is why I say antibiotics are like a napalm bomb going off in your gut, wiping out your healthy microbiome for up to two years based on what current research says (which can be reversed in 2 weeks with my leaky gut/candida protocol in both books).
Instead, my family uses Sovereign Silver as a natural antibiotic. It is a natural anti-viral/bacterial/fungal and a POWERFUL immune-modulator.
My children are 5 and 8, and I am so blessed that they have never had to go on an antibiotic. They have certainly been sick, but every day, we give them:
- Acid-Kicking Omega 3s
- Acid-Kicking D3 + K2 - they love the mint flavor!
- Acid-Kicking Greens - add a scoop to your morning smoothie.
- Acid-Kicking Minerals - my kids love this sweet drink after dinner.
- This is all combined with a STRENGTH EATING Diet that keeps our resilience as strong as it can be!
- Be super intentional about your mental health! Stress is the #1 cause of acid and inflammation in your body….read that AGAIN. You could eat all the veggies and take all the supplements, but if you don’t focus on your mental health—you will still be full of acid and inflammation.
Fresh air, releasing grudges, sunshine, exercise, therapy, forgiving others and yourself, and meditation are all powerful ways to release acid and support your mental health.
It’s All About ACTION
Get back to the basics. Make better choices. Use food as medicine. All of this will help you live longer and better, and you will have much less to worry about during one of the most stressful times in human history.
But to make changes in your life, you need to get off the bleachers and get onto the playing field. Knowledge is not power; it’s POTENTIAL power.
Knowledgeable ACTION is power.
You got this!