This is the favorite go-to soup of my beautiful wife, Chelsea. It’s hearty, comforting, easy to make (especially in big batches!), and is the perfect way to nourish your body and soul on a cold winter’s day.
I suggest using red lentils (as opposed to green or brown) because they cook the fastest and provide the most flavor. This delicious soup is an excellent way to sneak kale into your family’s bodies, and lentils also provide countless health benefits.
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 bunch of kale, cut into ribbons
- 6 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cups of red lentils, rinsed
- Salt (Celtic Grey, Himalayan, or Redmond Real Salt), to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, carrots, celery, and kale, and sauté for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the broth, lentils, sea salt, and pepper.
- Cook on medium-low heat until the lentils are tender, 20 minutes.
- Sip slowly, relax, and enjoy!
For the kids (and spouses!) that say yuccck to wheat grass, alfalfa leaf, broccoli, turmeric, barley grass, etc.—sneaking these power greens into your family’s diet with Acid-Kicking Greens is a gamechanger!
Just smuggle 1 scoop into a smoothie, nut milk, or another favorite beverage to give them 21 nutrient-dense alkaline green superfoods! They will have no idea, and you will sleep well knowing your family is getting the best of the best!