This zesty and booming with-flavor bowl is incredibly healthy, and you won’t get enough of the creamy avocado lime dressing. I’d triple up this delightful summer bowl recipe because your family and friends will ask for it all season long.
All of this can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for a few days, so make a big batch and then go out and play in the sunshine.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 2 cups water, vegetable broth, or Vegan Protein Boneless Broth
- 4 medium-size beets
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil 1 large Hass avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed Lime juice
- Sea salt (Celtic Grey, Himalayan pink, or Redmond Real Salt)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water or unsweetened coconut water
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Combine the lentils and water or broth in a pot over medium-high heat and cook until the water is absorbed and the lentils are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Wash and peel the beets. Place in a Dutch oven, or other lidded, oven-safe pot, and roast in the oven for 35 minutes, or until almost tender.
- Brush the asparagus with the olive oil and add to the baking sheet with the beets for the last 10 minutes of cook time. Once cooled, chop the beets into bite-size cubes.
- In a blender, combine the avocado, cilantro, garlic, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste and blend. Add the water slowly until you have a sauce consistency.
- Divide the lentils between bowls, top with chopped asparagus and beets, and drizzle with the avocado sauce.
Most people do not get nearly as much greens as needed for optimal health, even if they eat super healthy bowls like the one above.
That is why I created Acid-Kicking Greens. Just one tiny scoop gives you 5-servings of organic greens to optimize energy, weight loss, hair and skin health, and mental clarity. Try a scoop of Citrus Acid-Kicking Greens with this meal and enjoy the opulent feelings of health that await.