This is one of my most favorite alkaline desert dishes. A mix of sweet and savory, this is not only filling, but ultra-satisfying. The cinnamon, coconut oil, and almond butter will neutralize and slow down the metabolism of any natural sugars in the fruits.
What is Tahini?
Tahini is sesame seed butter, similar to almond butter with many healthy benefits. It is a creamy, oily, and smooth nut butter rich in calcium. You can find fresh tahini in your local health food store and most grocery stores, usually in the refrigerator section next to the hummus. Here are some amazing health benefits:
- It’s rich in minerals such as phosphorus, lecithin, magnesium, potassium and iron.
- It’s a good source of Methionine, which aids in liver detoxification.
- It’s one of the best sources of calcium out there.
- It’s high in vitamin E and vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5 and B15.
This is one of my favorite sweet alkaline dips that you can add to any fruit. This is one healthy desert that even your kids will enjoy!
[Serves 2, prep time 10 minutes]
- 1 pear
- 1 green apple
- 2 to 3 tbsp fresh ginger (depending on taste)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
Grate ginger into a small mixing bowl. Add sea salt and cinnamon and mix together. Dice fruit into small cubes and place into mixing bowl.
INGREDIENTS: SWEET TAHINI DIP
- 3 tbsp tahini (1 big scoop)
- 3 tbsp raw almond butter
- 1 tbsp liquid coconut nectar (or honey, but coconut nectar preferred; I use Coconut Secret raw coconut nectar)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp wheat free tamari
- ¼ tsp cayenne (optional)
Mix all ingredients, and drizzle Sweet Tahini Dip over Ginger Cinnamon Fruit. Serve and enjoy!