Fourth of July BBQs, beach days, and picnics are just a few days away. Celebrate America and health with these spectacular chips and dip! This recipe only serves 2, so make sure to triple it as it will certainly be a grand finale crowd-pleaser!
Big celebratory days are so fun but also can be exhausting—especially if you are in the sun and water all day. Zucchini is jam-packed with essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants to stay energized. It is also high in fiber which helps with digestion and prevents unwanted GI issues.
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced (you can use a mandolin)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt (Celtic Grey, Himalayan pink, or Redmond Real Salt)
- 1⁄2 cup canned full-fat coconut milk (I recommend Native Forest, using the thick cream from the top)
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sea salt (Celtic Grey, Himalayan Pink, or Redmond Real Salt)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the zucchini chips: Thinly slice the zucchini, using a knife or preferably, a mandoline.
- Blot the zucchini slices with a paper towel to absorb any excess water.
- Place the zucchini slices on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Brush each slice with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Baking options:
- At 225°F for 2 hours (ideal)
- At 300°F for 1 hour
- Dehydrate in a dehydrator at 115°F for 12 hours (overnight)
- Prepare the dill dip: Blend together all the ingredients in a food processor, adding a little water if too thick.
Holiday potlucks aren’t always displaying the healthiest of options, and that is ok for a day! Just prep your body before with a scoop of Acid-Kicking Greens in your morning water. One scoop gives you 21 nutrient-dense, organic, and alkaline superfoods!
Nutrient Totals for Backed Zucchini Chips:
Dietary Fiber: 2g;
Saturated Fat: 2g
Total Sugars: 31g;
Net Carbs: 4g
Total Fat: 14g
Nutrient Totals for Dill Dip:
Dietary Fiber: 0g;
Total Sugars: 0g
Total Fat: 23g
Saturated Fat: 20g
Net Carbs: 4g