Here's a decadent dessert that I'm thrilled about you eating for breakfast, an afternoon snack, or whenever you want. Most high-acid "dessert breakfast" foods, such as pastries or muffins, will leave you feeling inflamed and crashing just an hour later.
However, since this one is made of superfood chia seeds, cacao powder, and coconut oil, you will feel heroic all day. Take on the day—and kick acid.
Ingredients (serves 2-4)
- 2 cups coconut water or filtered water
- 1⁄2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 medium-size dates, pitted
- 1∕8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds Ground cinnamon, cacao nibs, and/or unsweetened coconut flakes, for garnish (optional)
- Place all the ingredients, except the chia seeds and your preferred garnish, in a blender and blend until thoroughly mixed, about 1 minute.
- At the lowest variable speed, add the chia seeds and blend for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a small, airtight container and refrigerate for at least 5 hours before serving. (To speed up the process, place it in the freezer for 15 minutes, and it will be ready to eat.)
- Before eating, garnish with cinnamon, cacao nibs, coconut flakes, etc.
- Dig in and enjoy.
For most of you, no breakfast is complete without a cup (or more) of coffee. Since I am all about ADDING instead of taking away, of course, you should have your coffee—just take it the Alkamind way.Acid-Kicking Coffee Alkalizers neutralize the acids in coffee and ADDS brain-boosting superfoods, vitamins, and minerals that your body needs for optimal health and peak physical performance.