Craving something sweet and dreamy? Transport your taste buds to a tropical island—and pack your body with healthy fats and MCTs (medium-chain triglycerides) for optimal performance and all-day energy.
Enjoy these as a snack or a simple dessert—there’s no guilt in this pleasure.
Ingredients: (makes 12 bombs)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1⁄4 cup cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup grass-fed butter (Kerrygold) or add an additional 1⁄4 cup coconut oil (for vegetarians)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla bean powder (or 2 drops Medicine Flower Vanilla)
- Pinch of salt (Celtic Grey, Himalayan, or Redmond Real Salt)
- 20 drops of organic liquid stevia extract (or any other low-carb sweetener such as Lo Han or coconut drops from Medicine Flower) (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spread the shredded coconut flakes onto a baking sheet.
- Place in the oven and toast for 5 to 8 minutes until lightly golden. To prevent burning, I would mix the flakes once around minute 3.
- Remove from the oven and carefully transfer the coconut flakes into a blender. Pulse until a smooth and runny consistency is reached.
- Next, add the grass-fed butter* (softened at room temperature, chopped into pieces) and coconut oil (in its softened, liquid form, which occurs at room temperature, or above 76°F). In addition, add cinnamon, vanilla, stevia (optional), and sea salt, and blend again.
- Once a smooth consistency is obtained, pour 11/2 tablespoons of liquid coconut oil fat bombs into each mini muffin paper or an ice cube tray.
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to cool and solidify.
Note: When transitioning to an alkaline diet, it is perfectly fine to use grass-fed butter, as this is a healthy fat. However, it is still a dairy product, which does have some acidify- ing effects. In its place, feel free to swap it out with an additional 1/4 cup of coconut oil (1/2 cup total if not using grass-fed butter) per the instructions.
Another powerful way to fight sugar cravings and fuel your body for optimal performance is with Acid-Kicking Plant-Based Protein Powder! My kids think it tastes like a chocolate or vanilla milkshake, and Fitness Magazine calls it “A superfood lover’s dream.”
Chia seeds, coconut oil, hemp protein, flaxseeds, Sacha Inchi, and sesame seed sprouts are just a few superfoods in this super delicious protein powder!
Cheers to enjoying the sweet life to live your best life!