I’m a true salad and dressing connoisseur. There are 260 salad recipes that I love on my website and even more options in the Alkaline recipe ebooks. But this recipe is the champion, my actual favorite. It wins all the awards in my book, which is why it’s tiled “Dr. Daryl’s Favorite Salad & Dressing.”
I always make the dressing in big batches as it doubles as a tasty dip, and I honestly can’t get enough of this salad.
Dressing Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Braggs Liquid Aminos or coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 11/2 pitted dates
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (Celtic Grey, Himalayan, or Redmond Real Salt)
- Pinch cayenne pepper
Salad Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 1 bunch kale, Romaine lettuce, or spinach
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper (no green, as they are acidic) (optional)
- 1 avocado, sliced or diced (optional)
- 1 tomato, sliced (optional)
- Mix the salad dressing ingredients in a mini blender or food processor on high speed until completely smooth and set aside.
- After washing the kale leaves thoroughly, tear out the center ribs, and chop or break apart the leaves into bite-size pieces.
- Place the kale in a large container where you’ll be able to toss the leaves easily.
- Pour some freshly squeezed lemon juice (1/2 lemon) and 1 teaspoon sea salt over the leaves and toss, toss, toss (there should be a light coating on each leaf).
- Cover the kale and refrigerate (30 to 60 minutes is fine).
- Slice the red or yellow peppers and add to the kale.
- Add the dressing and thoroughly mix to soften up the kale even further.
- Place the kale on a plate, and add the sliced avocado and tomatoes.
- Add additional sea salt to taste.
- Welcome to my kitchen and dig in—you are now family.
Even though I eat salads all the time, I still drink Acid-Kicking Greens daily to enjoy my best health ever.
Just one scoop tosses in a superfood blend of 21 vegetables, grasses, herbs, low-sugar fruits, and nutrient-rich superfoods that help your body fight inflammation, lose weight, gain energy, and optimize your health.
Combine Acid-Kicking Greens with my favorite salad, and there’s no telling how incredible you will feel!