If you could do one simple thing every morning that could seriously change how your day goes – how much energy you have, how you’re able to focus, and how productive you can be – plus bring you greater long-term health and vitality, you’d do it in a heartbeat, right?
Well, there is and you can.
And no, it’s not caffeinated drinks or energy shots. While those things may give you a jolt of energy, all you’re doing is putting more ACID in the body, which will make you more inflamed and jittery, and LESS able to focus.
So what is this 30-second transformation?
It’s starting your morning with a superfood alkaline green drink!
Why? Well, the simple truth is that none of us are getting enough vitamins and minerals from our food, and that includes those of us who eat our veggies and are REALLY trying.
Did you know that the average American eats just 3 servings of fruits AND vegetables a day? That’s way below the typical recommendation.
But even those recommendations from health authorities don’t adequately account for the depletion of nutrients in our soil, and as a result, our produce and food.
That’s why it takes 60 servings of today’s spinach to get the same vitamins and minerals as one serving in 1948!
That’s why ALL the nutrients in our broccoli has shrunk over 50% in the last 20 years!
So our grandparents’ spinach and broccoli (and everything else for that matter) just wasn’t the same as what we’re eating in today’s modern toxic world.
And that’s why it’s so important we take a superfood alkaline greens supplement.
But not just any super greens! There are so many available on the market these days and if you take anything away from this article, I want it to be this…
NOT ALL GREENS DRINKS ARE CREATED EQUAL!
That’s led to a lot of people wondering if greens even do anything for you.
Are green drinks a waste of money?
You might have wondered this yourself, and for good reason. There are so many powders, pills, and pre-mixed green drinks being sold right now and some of them are well worth the time, effort, and cost, while most others are… not much better for you than eating dirt.
The quality available to you is so wide, so varied, that it’s not hard to come to the conclusion that green drink powders must be a waste. And some of them are.
But some of them are the opposite. They are not just good for you, they are essential for your day-to-day health and long-term well-being.
So let’s break down the difference in terms of the anatomy of what you find in a green drink powder.
First, here’s what you should NOT see in a green drink powder:
- No added fillers
- No tapioca starch
- No moderate to high sugar fruits like bananas, pineapple, etc.
- No long list of ingredients – less is more
- No mushrooms due to allergies and acid
- No enzymes (especially Cellulase which derives from fungus, and fungus is a pre-cursor to cancer)
- No probiotics – you know I’m a big fan of probiotics, but they have to be treated very carefully, including refrigerated, and not degradated by being mixed with other ingredients. Not too mention probiotics are live bacteria, and will degradate any other food forms they come into contact with, which is not good for your green powders.
- No artificial sweeteners
- No artificial flavors
- Not TOO many ingredients – some green drinks have everything but the kitchen sink listed on their ingredient panel. While this might look good to the average consumer, however, there is not enough of one single ingredient to have a difference inside your body.
When it comes to green powders (and any other supplement for that matter), LESS IS MORE!
Why you need to say NO to Spirulina and Algae’s!
I know, this one surprised me when I read the research too. In a recent article by Dr. Andrew Weil, he says to avoid spirulina as it has been associated with neurotoxins related to neurological diseases such as Parkinson’s, ALS, and Alzheimer’s.
Researchers traced the neurotoxin BMAA (B-methylamino-L-alanine), that is found in blue-green algae, when fed to monkeys, developed brain changes.
Those changes were neurofibrillary tangles and amyloid deposits, that can lead to Alzheimer’s Disease.
We’ve also known for years that some blue-green algae contain another toxin, MICROCYSTIN, at levels considered UNSAFE.
Microcystin accumulates in the liver, where they can cause irreversible damage, especially in children who have been exposed to high levels.
A 2011 German study that analyzed 13 commercially distributed algae products found harmful toxins in ALL OF THEM!
What’s more, spirulina growing in areas with large concentrations of mercury, lead, PCBs, and dioxin, absorb these heavy metals and contaminants.
So now that you know what green drink powders should not have… you’re probably wondering what they should have:
- It has to list WHEATGRASS as the first ingredient, followed by another green leaf or herb.
The fist ingredient listed always constitutes the MOST AMOUNT (in terms of volume) in that green drink, and Wheatgrass is the MOST powerful food on the planet.
With that said, most companies use cheap, filler ingredients as their first ingredient, whereas we use wheatgrass followed by parsley – two powerful ingredients that reduce inflammation, detoxify, and alkalize and energize!
- It has to be USDA Organic Certified (we used the best organic greens we can find).
- It has to contain sprouted seeds and veggies, and we make sure that Daily Greens has a proprietary blend of 4 of the most powerful sprouts – broccoli sprouts, alfalfa sprouts, flaxseed sprouts, and sesame seed sprouts.
Sprouts are right up there next to Wheatgrass as the most alkaline ingredient you will find. They are ALIVE foods, and are 30X more nutritious than their vegetable counterpart.
- It has to have a mix of greens, and not JUST be wheatgrass, and Daily Greens has 21 ingredients
Can you imagine eating 21 greens in one sitting? Or eating 5 servings of greens in less than 30 seconds? Impossible!
Just think about all of the shopping and food prep that would go into that!
That’s why this is such a powerful morning habit!
I tell you all of this not to boost sales of Alkamind Daily Greens (although I know that it’s the MOST alkaline and best green drink powder available), but to get you in the habit of taking one of these, no matter what quality brand you buy – as long as it meets the criteria above.
That said, I want to share some exciting news…
We reformulated Alkamind Daily Greens to be even more effective and taste even better! We changed the formulation from 27 to 21 ingredients, because we’ve concentrated the most effective ingredients, so LESS is MORE.
Plus, we added Moringa – have you heard of this powerful super food?
This herbal supplement grown in India and Africa is used throughout the world to treat everything from skin infections to inflammatory diseases and even cancer.
Benefits of Moringa
- A powerful anti-inflammatory, Moringa works in the same way as NSAIDs like Advil and Motrin without the side effects
- It stabilizes mood and fights depression and anxiety
- It improves digestion and aids kidney and liver function
- It has been clinically shown to balance hormones in menopausal and postmenopausal women
- Studies show it balances blood sugar and helps protect against diabetes
- It may improve thyroid health, affecting mood, sex drive, and much more
We JUST launched our NEW Alkamind Daily Greens, and you can get them at our current price of $34.99 before the small price increase in 7 days (will be $39.99).
They come in 3 new flavors in addition to our original:
- Naked, which tastes like a cold refreshing green tea (perfect it with a slice of lemon!)
- Original Peach
They are the best tasting greens you will ever find!And more importantly, they are the most alkaline that you will find! So get yours today.