I don’t know about you, but I’m ready to start the new year kissing all of that stress goodbye, and instead, ring in 2022 with strength, vitality, and resilience!
No more fatigue that hits as soon as you wake up and lasts until an hour before you should go to bed (and then you’re wired)…
No more headaches, acid reflux, or indigestion that only got worse during the holidays…
No more swearing off sugar, only to binge eat candy, ice cream, or your favorite guilty pleasure every time have a rough day (which is often)…
If you’re looking to kick all of that to the curb starting January 1st, and go from stress-eating to strength-eating, this is the place to start.
I’m NOT talking about a “new year, new you” crash diet. You’re not going to count calories, macros, or keep track of anything. If you’ve tried keto but you don’t feel good (physically or ethically) as a result of eating so many animal-based fats, I’m going to introduce you to a better way to eat: the alkaline, clean keto way.
And unlike what you’ve tried in the past, you’re not going to feel deprived! We here at Alkamind are all about LIBERATION, not deprivation.
How are we going to make sure you don’t feel deprived? We’re going to add, not subtract. By filling up on the good foods your body craves – food with minerals, healthy fats, and fiber – you’ll naturally stop craving the junk you’re eating now.
It’s about helping you get off your sugar and acid, in a way that’s doable. It’s fitting this way of eating into your life, not fitting your life into a diet.
If you’re tired of eating garbage and feeling like garbage, here are the 4 steps to get off your acid, lose weight, and feel better than you have in a long time (maybe ever).
4 Steps to Go From Stress to Strength in 2022!
Step 1: Become a Fat-Burning Machine
If you want more strength, you’ve got to eat more fat!
Not only that, but if you want less fat on your body, you’ve got to eat more fat in your diet!
If you’ve struggled to lose weight or experience the diet yo-yo effect, this information has the potential to change your life. There are many ways to lose weight, but with most methods, it’s just a matter of time before the body returns to the state it was in previously. In other words, you gain the weight back eventually.
If you want to keep weight off, you’ve got to shift your body from sugar-burning to fat-burning, and you do that by loading up on more healthy fats. Yes, we’ve been taught (by the sugar industry) to think that all fat is our enemy, and it’s true that some types of fats should be avoided, but the body NEEDS healthy fats.
Fat, as fuel to give you energy, is like slow-burning coal. In the absence of carbohydrates, your body breaks down fat (dietary fat and/or stored body fat), and begins to generate a new powerful fuel source from the liver called ketone bodies, or ketones. Ketones are a very clean source of energy and the ideal source of fuel for your body and your brain.
This is the entire basis of the success of the keto diet craze. But unlike regular keto, we’re going to do it with CLEAN fats that make your body feel good. 50 to 75% of your calories may come from these healthy fats:
- Avocados (God’s butter!)
- Seeds – hemp, chia, and flax
- Healthy Oils – extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, MCT oil, black seed oil, and macadamia nut oil
- Wild-Caught Omega-3 Fish – Pacific or Spanish wild salmon, trout, anchovies, sardines, and mackerel
- Raw Nuts – almonds (soaked and in moderation), macadamia nuts, brazil nuts (in moderation), hazelnuts, walnuts (soaked), and pecans (soaked), and my new favorite supernut called Barukas
- Raw Nut butters (not peanut) – almond, cacao, coconut, and macadamia nut
- Coconut meat and shredded, unsweetened coconut flakes
- Nut Milks – (without carrageenan or sugar) almond, coconut, hemp, and hazelnut
- Acid-Kicking Plant-Based Protein, which delivers 5 sources of healthy fat along with clean protein.
Step 2: Out With the Bad – Stress Foods
Stress eating is the way most Americans eat. It means LOTS of sugar, fried foods, and a diet with a backbone of crappy carbs. And there’s a reason this is the way stressed-out people eat.
When you are stressed, your body keeps pumping out cortisol (the stress hormone), which cues your hunger hormones to crave more sugar since it thinks you need that quick-burning fuel so that you can fight or flee.
We are literally marinating in our cortisol, and it drains us of the minerals and nutrients we need to perform, both mentally and physically. That means if you don’t find another way to handle your stress, your body will keep craving and needing sugar.
On top of that, part of the problem is that the way most people stress-eat just leads to MORE STRESS! What do I mean by that? If you’ve ever suffered from acid reflux, acne, high blood pressure and cholesterol, frequent headaches, chronic constipation, or never-ending sluggishness, you know they can stress you out.
Well all of those problems and more are the result of a stress-eating, acidic diet with foods like:
- Sugar – including high fructose corn syrup, agave, and natural sugars that you find in a lot of fruit
- Artificial sweeteners – the #1 most acidic, poisonous ingredienton the planet
- Gluten – found in bread, pasta, anything with flour, and most processed foods
- Dairy – all cow’s milk, yogurt, cheese, etc.
- Meat – animal proteins including beef, poultry, pork, and some seafood
- Bad fats – like the ones found in vegetable oil, canola oil, margarine, and processed foods
- Peanuts and peanut butter – avoid like the plague because of the aflatoxin, or cancer-causing fungus
- Corn – and any products made with corn or corn oil, which is a lot of processed foods
- Alcohol (find out which types of alcohol are better than others)
You want to gradually reduce these foods in your diet in favor of alkaline foods.
Step 3: In with the Good – Alkaline Foods
In order to ensure the body is in a balanced state where you can thrive with strength, you need to eat about 4 times more alkalizing foods than acidifying ones. I recommend making sure that your diet is 80% alkaline and no more than 20% acidic.
The good news about this way of eating is everything is on a spectrum. If you can’t quite get to an 80/20 split between alkaline and acidic foods at first, that’s okay. Set goals to steadily increase alkaline food so you get to 50/50 alkaline/acidic, then 60/40, and then 70/30.
If you make only one change, start by add more greens to your daily regimen. Greens are packed densely with essential nutrients and are highly alkalizing and energizing. In fact, if you look at many popular diets, as conflicting as they may all seem, the one constant is they all advocate eating more greens.
Get 5 whole services of raw, green superfoods in 30 seconds with Acid-Kicking Greens.
Alkaline foods to eat more of:
- Dark, leafy greens like arugula, collard greens, leaf lettuce, kale, mustard greens, spinach, chard, and watercress
- Lemons, limes, and grapefruit
- Bell peppers
- Onion family: fennel, garlic, green onions, shallots, leeks, and of course onions
- Brassica family: broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, collard greens, radishes, rutabaga, and turnips
- Herbs and spices
- Sea vegetables like kelp and seaweed
Step 4: Reduce Stress
Often when people think about stopping the pattern of stress-eating, they are focused only on food. I am here to tell you that focusing on the mental stress load is the surest way to make a huge change in how you eat and how you feel.
Take care of your stress, and the eating with take care of itself.
Remember, we are all subjected to low levels of constant chronic stress, and any time you experience stress, your adrenal glands produce these stress hormones, which put your body into a state of “fight or flight,” and you become more acidic.
Find a stress reliever that works for you like one of these alkaline activities:
- Powerful, deep breathingis the #1 way to alkalize and detoxify your body anytime, anywhere.
- Meditation, which trains the mind to calm itself in stressful situation
- Hydration – Yes, you’d be surprised how adequate hydration will reduce stress. Most people are walking around dehydrated. Every day, drink half your body weight in ounces of filtered alkaline water, so if you weigh 120 pounds, drink 60 ounces. Supercharge your water with green powder, minerals, and/or molecular hydrogen.
- Lymphatic Drainage – This means moving around the lymph, or liquid of the body’s vital lymphatic system by exercising or dry brushing.
- Daily Detox – There are lots of ways to detoxify regularly: detox teas, safe cleanses, detox baths, infrared sauna, and more.
- Alkaline Exercise – Low intensity workouts like rebounding, brisk walking, yoga, swimming, or tai chi are the most acid-reducing.
Did you know that getting plenty of magnesium is proven to reduce stress from anxiety and depression? It’s one of the more than 500 important roles magnesium pays in the human body, and yet most people are deficient in this critical mineral.
That’s why it’s important if you’re under stress that you take a scoop of Acid-Kicking Minerals in water 30 minutes before bed so you sleep better – and wake up feeling great.
By ending your day with Acid-Kicking Minerals every night, you’re ensuring that you get enough magnesium, as well as the right balance of calcium, potassium, and sodium bicarbonate, all from quality sources unlike most other supplements.
GET OFF YOUR ACID!