Hearty, healthy, and healing! This is one of my favorite dishes because it is packed with immune-boosting, detoxing, and anti-inflammatory ingredients that are bursting with comforting flavors!
It is also quick to make, and I’d triple up the recipe so you can have leftovers.
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, or less, if desired
- About 1⁄2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- A few slices of jalapeño pepper, seeds removed (optional)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the coconut oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add the red onion and cook for 7 to 8 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the chili powder, salt, and lentils, and stir well.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes, or until fragrant.
- To serve, spoon the lentils into two bowls and top with the avocado, cherry tomatoes, red pepper, cilantro, and jalapeño (if using).
- Sprinkle with black pepper as desired.
Did you know I wrote out all 500+ of my favorite recipes into digital books? Check out the Alkaline Winter Recipe eBook for just $9.97!
All of the recipes are totally alkaline, easy to make, and kid-approved! Bon Appétit!
Calories: 454; Protein: 21g; Carbohydrate: 51g; Dietary Fiber: 27g;
Saturated Fat: 7.5; Total Sugars: 10g; Net Carbs: 24g; Total Fat: 18.5g