Roses are red, violets are blue, and alkaline desserts are delicious and good for you!
This Valentine’s Day, give your darling a sweet memory they will cherish forever—sharing a homemade dessert on the couch with the lights dimmed low.
Unlike most other desserts that leave you feeling sluggish and sick afterward, these two are divinely made from healthy fats and nutrients that will send flutters of energy and love throughout your body. Cupid and Dr. Daryl approved!
Cardamom Orange Chocolate Truffles
The title alone makes my taste buds think they are eating at a 5-star resort! Lucky for you, they are actually rather simple to make.
Here’s your shopping list: (Makes 10-15 truffles)
- 1 cup raw almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄3 cup raw walnuts
- Pinch of ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 2 to 4 drops of stevia
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes or shredded coconut for topping
- Cacao powder for topping (optional, instead of coconut topping)
And then follow these simple directions:
- Place all the ingredients, except the optional toppings, in a blender and blend well.
- Put in the fridge or freezer to solidify (so the mixture will be moldable).
- Form the mixture into 10-15 small balls, then roll each ball in the 1/4 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes or additional cacao powder (if using).
- Place in the fridge to set for several hours.
- Eat slowly with your Valentine and savor each delightful bite together!
Avocado Chocolate Mousse
Treat your Valentine to creamy, chocolatey heaven—and honor both your bodies with the nutrition it needs for optimal health!
Here’s your shopping list: (Makes 2 cups)
- 1 1/2 avocados
- 2∕3 cup coconut water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla (I use Medicine Flowers Vanilla 10 drops)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 4 pitted dates 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
Directions: Blend on high in a blender. That’s it!
Feel free to sprinkle pomegranates, nuts, raspberries, mint leaves, and other toppings you desire. If you actually have leftovers, please store them in a closed container in the fridge.
P.S. Double up the recipe to save for a Dr. Daryl-approved breakfast! And never forget to add the essential ingredient of a brain-boosting, fat-burning, jitter-preventing breakfast: Acid-Kicking Coffee Alkalizers!
Power up your love with MCT and coconut oils that accelerate fat-burning and keep you focused all day long, while Alpha-GPC, Lion's Mane, and L-Theanine also boost your brain functionality.