As you know, I am OBSESSED with CHIA SEEDS! Have you tried my chia seed #InternalShower shot, which has been flying around the internet and TV news stations? Check back in a few days for a full blog post on it!
Now back to my favorite dessert of all time! Seriously. This recipe is my gift to you! I could go on and on for pages about how amazing chia seeds are for you. But, to spare your time—here are some highlights:
- 50% Omega-3s—one of the richest sources of these fatty acids that boost your brain and heart health
- High in fiber that reduces inflammation and lowers cholesterol
- Super helpful for our friends with constipation issues—hence the #InternalShower
- One of the best foods to neutralize acid and balance pH
This pudding is equally DELICIOUS as it is HEALTHY! Even the pickiest of kids (and adults) love it!
Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 2 cups coconut water or filtered water (I prefer coconut water, it’s sweeter)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 dates, pitted
- 1∕8 teaspoon salt (Celtic Grey, Himalayan, or Redmond Real Salt)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (I use Medicine Flower Vanilla, 15 drops)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons chia seeds
- Pomegranate seeds, cinnamon, or cacao nibs for garnish
- Blend all the ingredients except the chia and pomegranate seeds in a blender until thoroughly mixed, for 40 to 60 seconds.
- On the lowest variable speed, add the chia and blend for 1 minute to mix the chia seeds. If your blender does not have a low-speed option, mix in the chia seeds with a spoon.
- Place in an airtight container, and refrigerate for at least 5 hours before serving.
- Garnish with pomegranate seeds, cinnamon, cacao nibs, or whatever else you want!
- Chocolate lover? For chocolate chia pudding, just add 1/4 cup of raw cacao before the first blend. Optional: add 5 drops of light chocolate essential oil flavor (I like Medicine Flower).
Eating and drinking chia seeds are excellent ways to get the Omega-3s your brain and body desperately need.
Your body can’t make omega-3s, but they are essential for helping to lower blood pressure, reduce the chances of heart attacks and strokes, slow down inflammation, prevent mental health illnesses, and so much more!
Therefore, being a chia lover like me and taking 1 Acid-Kicking Omega-3 daily capsule are Dr. Daryl’s orders for experiencing your best body and brain health ever!
When your body has the nutrition it needs, it will work in ways you never dreamed possible!