You’re not alone if you’re worried about the coronavirus right now.
You might be concerned for your aging family members, or for yourself if you have a preexisting condition and depending on your age, or you’re just stressed for all of the ways this is upending people’s lives.
So today, we’re going to break down how to prevent the spread of the disease, because we all can play our part in that, what to watch for if you start to develop symptoms, and most importantly, what you can do to guard yourself and your loved ones against getting the coronavirus and other viruses.
We’ve got a lot to cover, so let’s get started…
What you can do to prevent the spread of the coronavirus and other viruses:
- Wash your hands thoroughly in warm, soapy water for at least 30 seconds.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow.
- Maintain at least 3 feet (preferably 6 feet) between you and anyone outside your home, especially anyone who is coughing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth unless you have just washed your hands.
- Avoid touching other people, including handshakes.
- Remain home as much as possible, including working from home if you can, to prevent the spread and help healthcare workers care for those who need it.
- If you have a cough or fever, quarantine in your home for at least 14 days.
Symptoms to watch for:
- Shortness of breath
If you or your family members present any of those symptoms (even if they are very mild), self-quarantine in your home to prevent the spread of the disease for at least 14 days. Call your health care provider or local health authority to find out what to do next.
How to Boost Your Body’s Natural Immunity
I’ve outlined a 3-part approach to help keep you healthy, which includes what you want to eat, what you want to avoid eating, and the supplements to take. You also want to get some exercise in however you can these days, which helps your immune system, and preferably outside as you’ll also get the sun’s natural vitamin D.
1) Eat a diet rich in vitamins and minerals, your body’s natural defenders.
These foods support a strong immune system:
- Broccoli, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts
- Spinach, kale, and other leafy greens
- Bell peppers, tomatoes, avocados, and other brightly colored, low-sugar fruits and veggies.
- Lemons, limes, and grapefruit
- Chia and flax seeds
- Raw nuts (not peanuts)
- Wild-caught fish high in omega-3 fatty acids like salmon
- Spices like ginger, black pepper, cinnamon, and garlic
2) Avoid foods and drinks that weaken your immune response.
These foods slow down your digestive tract, which slows and weakens immunity:
- Processed foods and refined carbs and grains including gluten
- Alcohol, including wine
- Processed meats (if you eat meat, choose only organic, grass-fed and free range)
- Sugar in anything, including fruit juice and sports drinks
- Artificial sweeteners
One thing to point out here… That orange juice your mom or grandmother always told you would fight a cold actually makes you MORE susceptible to illness!
3) Take supplements that will provide a powerful immune defense.
- Sovereign Silver – This is a powerful natural antibiotic, antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal that comes in 2 forms, a mouth spray and a nasal spray.
- Mouth Spray: 15 sprays in your mouth every morning, swish around for 20 seconds, and then swallow.
- Nasal Spray: If you ever start feeling any congestion, sniffles, post-nasal drip, you can use this in addition to the 15 sprays in your mouth. Do 5 sprays in each nostril as you breathe in through the nose, then blow your nose right after. This kills all virus and bacteria on demand.
2.Liposomal Vitamin C – This is the fastest absorbing vitamin C to boost immune function. Take 2 capsules with your first meal of the day, and then 1 capsule with your second meal.
3.Black Seed Oil – This is 3 times stronger than turmeric and ours, Alkamind Daily Cumin3X, is 3 times stronger than any other black seed oil. It also has 1,000 more active antioxidants than vitamin E and Echinacea. I don’t say this to sell our product – I’m not trying to profit off this illness – but it really is the best quality supplement you can buy and I want to guard you with all of the information. Take 1 capsule daily with food.
4. Liquid Vitamin D3 – The #1 cause of flu and upper respiratory infection is vitamin D3 deficiency. And did you know that 75-90% of the US population is deficient, depending on skin color? Put 20 drops on your tongue daily with or without food. I don’t count to 20, I just grab as much of a dropper full and squirt in my mouth – more is better right now.
You can also get vitamin D3 from eating wild-caught salmon. And of course, spending at least 20 minutes outdoors engaging in physical activity is also a good idea to boost vitamin D.
5.Daily Greens Juice Powder – This is a powerful antioxidant, blood builder, and detoxifier. It’s going to fight inflammation anywhere in the body, which allows your immune system to function optimally. Viruses and bacteria can’t survive in a high-alkaline, oxygenated state. Ours is the best mix of wheatgrass to other green superfoods in the most digestible form, but I’d rather you take any quality greens powder than none at all. Add 1 scoop of Daily Greens to 8 ounces of water every morning upon waking.
6.Propolis – This is an antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal with anti-inflammatory properties. You don’t want to skip this one – it’s very powerful. Take 10 drops in mouth daily. The stronger immune formula of Propolis is very bitter, so if needed, mix with ¼ tsp. of manuka honey.
7.Probiotic – This is going to support your microbiome health and build a defense of good bacteria. Buy a quality supplement and place it in your refrigerator or freezer. Take 1 capsule daily with food.
If you want another way to boost your immunity, a whole-food, detoxifying cleanse is a great way to do it. It’s not too late to join us for the Spring Group 7-Day Alkaline Cleanse!
It starts on Saturday, April 18th with a live Pre-Cleanse Kickoff Call. Sign up now to get everything you need to get healthy, slim, and absolutely energized with the support of a community of like-minded cleansers (and me)!
Remember, this is the exact plan that I put Kelly Ripa on that she talked about on Live with Kelly! “Dr. Gioffre put me on this high alkaline, low acid diet, and it has changed my life.”
Here’s what another cleanser had to say:
Start to a sustainable healthy lifestyle!
“Just finished my third Alkamind 7 day cleanse and I feel fantastic! When I started my first cleanse 6 months ago, I had acid reflux, lack of energy, a sugar addiction, and 25 extra pounds. Fast forward to now... All gone! The recipes are unique, delicious, and filling. So thankful for all the positivity and support within the Alkamind community. I'm glad I was able to finally find a lifestyle that works for me!” –Rachel (Verified Buyer)
Ready for a big change that’s easy and feels great? Sign up now!
GET OFF YOUR ACID!