Thanksgiving dinner and holiday parties are right around the corner! One thing I am grateful for is sharing just how delicious eating healthy really can be with friends and family.
Eating Brussels sprouts raw can be repulsive for a lot of people—and I don’t blame them! However, this recipe will turn even the biggest haters into Brussels lovers!
When cooking them, make sure to never boil because that will cook out of all the iron, vitamin C, potassium, and antioxidants (which slows premature aging—always thankful for that!). Sauté, steam, stir fry, or roast, and people will boast about your zesty Brussels sprouts all year long!
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3/4 cup pistachios, shelled
- Zest and juice from one lemon
- 16 large Brussels sprouts, leaves separated from the core. Cut the end of the sprout off and peel off leaves.
- Salt (Celtic Grey, Himalayan, or Redmond Real Salt) and pepper, to taste
- Heat coconut oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pistachios and lemon zest and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add Brussels sprouts leaves and toss until bright green but still crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the leaves and season with sea salt and pepper.
Let’s be real for a moment, we all enjoy indulging over the holidays, but acid reflux and heartburn are not gifts we want to receive.
Therefore, the Kick Acid Reflux Bundle may just be the best gift you receive! Get the Acid-Kicking Greens, Minerals, and BLK Seed Oil your body desperately needs to slay acid reflux, as well as the complete (digital) guide I give to all my patients.
It’s time for holiday JOY—not GERD!