Happy 2023! This year, we are all about ADDING IN—not TAKING AWAY or DEPRIVATION.
Let’s cheers to that with some Maca Hot Chocolate! I love the warm nostalgic feeling of sipping hot chocolate; it’s an important part of wintertime!
This recipe is just as sweet and delicious as you remember it—just jam-packed with immunity boosters: vitamin C, iron, and amino acids.
Maca also balances hormone levels, boosts energy, suppresses hot flashes, and supports a healthy libido—all without sugar! Now, that’s my kind of cuppa!
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 2 cups unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 4 pinches of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt (Celtic Grey, Himalayan pink, or Redmond Real Salt)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric (optional)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Heat the almond milk and coconut oil together in a medium-sized saucepan over low heat.
- Once heated, transfer to a blender, add the remaining ingredients, blend well until frothy, and serve.
- Sip and cherish the moment!
If you are more of a coffee drinker, you can still have your cup of joe and be alkaline! Check out Acid-Kicking Coffee Alkalizer and Brain Booster in hazelnut, black, salted caramel, mocha, and vanilla.
Make this your year to ADD to your health—not dip into the deprivation method that never ever works for anyone. Stay tuned for more blogs about how to make Jan-YOU-ary all about adding healthy, alkaline actions!
Calories: 115: Protein: 1.5g; Carbohydrate: 4g; Dietary Fiber: 2g
Saturated Fat: 6g: Total Sugars: 1g; Net Carbs: 2g; Total Fat: 10g