These little trees provide you with a forest of health benefits. Broccoli is jam-packed with vitamins and minerals such as iron, calcium, zinc, potassium, thiamin, folate, vitamins (A, B6 & K), and Niacin.
These green health machines also protect your body from diabetes (lowers blood sugar), cancer (stops cancer cells from forming), osteoarthritis (keeps your joints healthy), and many other diseases.
Add in hummus, and you got yourself a powerfully delicious combo.
Ingredients: (Serves 2-4)
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup plain or flavored hummus
- For homemade hummus, please check out my favorite 5-minute recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the broccoli on a baking sheet, toss in the olive oil, and season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast for 25 minutes or until tender and starting to brown.
- Transfer the roasted broccoli to a bowl and stir in the hummus until the broccoli is coated.
Another way to turn your body into a green health machine is by drinking Acid-Kicking Greens.
Just one scoop gives you 5 servings of a doctor-formulated combo of 21 organic nutrient-dense alkaline superfoods to strengthen your body from the inside out.