Despite its rich, chocolaty taste, you’re actually getting greens, protein, healthy fats, and a lot of vitamins and minerals to power through your day. Delicious and strategically nutritious—that’s the Alkamind Strength Living™ way.
This smoothie is the perfect on-the-go breakfast or afternoon pick-me-up. My kids love it as an after-dinner dessert—I still haven't told them about the 2 handfuls of spinach I sneak in.
Ingredients: (Serves 1)
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk from a carton
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1⁄2 Hass avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons raw almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Optional: Add cacao chips or coconut shavings on top
- In a blender, blend together the spinach and almond milk until smooth.
- Add the banana, avocado, cacao powder, almond butter, and cinnamon and blend until smooth.
- Drink up to power up.
To add fat-burning, plant-based protein to this superfood smoothie, I would add in a scoop of Acid-Kicking Plant-Based Protein: Chocolate.
It will make it even more chocolatey, give you 20 grams of top-quality protein, and add in even more alkaline ingredients such as sprouts, flaxseed, and Sacha Inchi.